What Does It Mean to Start A Team?
Starting a Girl Action Team means working with girls in grades 6-12 as partners as they develop their own social change projects. Girls For A Change prepares you to guide, support and work with girls in this capacity, during a semester or for a full school year.
What It Takes
- A liaison who is connected to a school or organization that can host the Girl Action Team
- 1-2 women volunteers who will be GFAC coaches for the 12-week program
- Fundraising abilities
So before you start a team, consider whether or not you have:
- Access to girls
- The ability to recruit girls
- Support (others to assist you)
- A location for the team to meet
- The financial means to support girls with supplies and materials
Please contact us at email@example.com.
The cost is based on several factors, including:
- Size of region
- Number of possible teams in region
- Organization budget
If cost is a barrier, please do not let this keep you from applying for a team. There may be opportunities for funding collaboration in your community.