- This event has passed.
Girl Action Team x Jr. NBA
April 21st at 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until May 12th, 2021
An opportunity where girls will get on-court training with off-court life skills lessons.
REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL MARCH 2. All programming is virtual.
Open to all middle and high-school aged girls.
Submit a Girl Action Team application here.
Join the Jr. NBA x Girl Action Team where girls will get on-court training with off-court life skills lessons.
We’re partnering with Jr.NBA.com to launch three new hybrid Girl Action Teams in the city. Each program will implement lessons and curriculums from the Jr. NBA’s #HerTimeToPlay and Girl Action Team, one initiative launched in 2018 to make the game more accessible and inclusive for the next generation of female players, and a social change curriculum that allows girls to identify root causes that affect the young female athlete such inequalities and discrimination.
This opportunity is perfect for:
- athletic leagues who want girls to stay connected to sports
- girls who want to stay active and love sports
- girls who want to create social change for women and girls
- girls who just want to stay connected to their peers during the pause
- schools who are looking to keep their sports community-engaged
- athletes from any sports and sports fans are welcome to join
Girls in this program will:
- BUILD confidence
- FEEL EMPOWERED
- LEARN values like teamwork
- BECOME an inspiring young social justice advocate
We know it’s so important for girls to SEE WHAT THEY CAN BE, so we will highlight personal life experiences and stories shared by WNBA players from all 12 WNBA teams.
Each girl’s Digital toolkit is designed for meaningful engagement activity and conversation – VIRTUALLY OR IN PERSON when your local guidelines allow.
Once you register for the Jr. NBA x Girl Action Team, girls will join the team and can expect a fun, interactive experience plus some colorful swag from both Girls For A Change and the Jr. NBA.
Note: Her Time To Play is a free initiative. All materials provided to the participants have been covered by the NBA.