Tutor Meadowbrook High School - Contract Position
$500-$750 per month, 2-3 hours per day M-Th
Deadline for applying for the position:
Friday, September 29, 6 pm EST
Girls For A Change seeks a confident, creative, and energetic self-starter passionate about girl empowerment to successfully deliver culturally responsive tutoring services. The applicant should be enthusiastic and enjoy connecting with the community, families, and young people.
Girls For A Change Branch
100 Buford Rd, North Chesterfield, VA 23235
Meadowbrook High School
4901 Cogbill Rd, North Chesterfield, VA 23234
Beulah Recreation Center
6901 Hopkins Rd, North Chesterfield, VA 23234
- English and Spanish (Bilingual Preferred)
- CPR/First Aid Certification required
$500-$750 per month
2-3 hours per day M-Th
Unpaid School closing and paid holiday
Contracted positions are expected to:
- Report to work as scheduled
- Perform work as assigned
- Obtain approval before changing work hours, including arriving early or leaving late.
- Enter work hours accurately on Little Green Light each pay period
- Must be a caring professional and committed to the success of our students
- Hours: Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 4 days/week in the afternoon for 2-4 hrs.
- Proof of Virginia required vaccinations for schools.
Monday and Wednesday
Tuesday and Thursday
3:00 PM (set up)
Tuesdays: 2 PM-3 PM Weekly staff meeting (all shifts are required to attend the weekly staff meeting)
3:30 PM Welcome and Serve Snack
3:45 PM - 4:45 PM Tutoring session (1 hour)
4:45 PM- 5:00 PM Breakdown/ Clean up
Some Saturdays (make-up hours)
- Deliver engaging specialized academic and test-prep instruction to high school (and some middle school) students
- Build relationships in a supportive and professional manner
- Maintain an accurate calendar in Google Calendar
- Respond to administrators, students, and parents promptly
- Demonstrate classroom management skills and professionalism in both remote and in-person settings
- Attend required training and professional development events
Since contractual employees aren't Girls For A Change employees, they aren't eligible for benefits. These self-employed individuals are responsible for obtaining their insurance and coordinating retirement savings.
- Competitive pay, starting at $15 hr for 1-on-1 tutoring and starting at $20/ hr for classroom teaching, with potential for increases based on performance.
- Some flexibility in building your schedule while supporting the needs of our students.
- Paid training.
- Personalized coaching and development, support, and continuing education from our Instructional Management Team.
- Exceptional proprietary curriculum and instructional materials.
- A friendly, respectful, supportive culture focused on best supporting students, parents, faculty, full-time and part-time staff.
Before You Begin the Application
It may be helpful to collect the following before you begin the application:
- Your résumé.
- The contact information for 3 references
- Please note, all candidates will be required to complete a background check, fingerprinting, and Virginia required vaccinations for schools.
- Approachable: They can build rapport and make students feel comfortable in an online classroom environment. Students feel comfortable approaching our tutors with questions, making them feel relaxed throughout class.
- Patient: They take the time and effort to ensure students understand the complex subjects and materials at whichever speed the student requires.
- Adaptive: They can tailor the lesson and environment to each student's needs and learning capabilities.
- Considerate: They have the emotional intelligence to understand when students feel discouraged and can build their confidence.
- Enthusiastic: They are passionate about education and have a contagious energy that makes for a fun environment for the students.