salaried position, 40 hour per week
Our organization is looking for a Program Director who will help us to create educational and social learning programs for our participants at Girls For A Change. The Program Director will be responsible for making certain that all staffing goals are met, that all staff members are properly certified and that each of our programs meets all guidelines. If you have previous experience in a leadership position at an after school center, or daycare of a compassionate nature, and a dedication to empowering children’s lives, we encourage you to apply today.
- Work closely with management staff to update and maintain the professional credentials of each staff member
- Stay updated on all laws and regulations and make certain that all company operations are within the scope of those laws
- Plan and coordinate events for the variety of programs i.e field trips, workshops, and other activities
- Facilitate special events, field trips, and workshops.
- Develop comprehensive progress reports on all active programs to be submitted to the executive staff each week
- Develop and maintain relationships with schools and community stakeholders
- Maintain and deliver all paperwork required to make sure that the organization’s certifications remain intact and in good standing
- Collaborate with researchers to collect and track data for funding and licensing purposes
- Work some weekends
Youth Development and Curriculum Implementation
- Expands knowledge of self identifying Black / African American girls ages 6-18 by staying current with the knowledge related to out of school time and demonstrates this knowledge in programming.
- Stimulates and sustains motivation and engagement for all employees and participants.
- Continually assesses and manages group dynamics to ensure group issues, energy or concerns are addressed.
- Creates an environment in which feedback is given and received freely without judgement.
- Integrates time to practice, reflect, share, provide feedback and discuss application and transfer.
- Implement a curriculum that addresses educational, recreational, self-esteem, positive relationships, stress and anger management, health and nutrition and decision-making. Ensuring equity and diversity.
Before You Begin the Application
It may be helpful to collect the following before you begin the application:
- A cover letter
- Your transcripts
- The contact information for 2 references
- Please note, all candidates will be required to complete a background check, fingerprinting, and TB testing.
Communication and Coordination
- Actively coordinate with Girls For A Change Team members integration of wellness, arts, and academics to include STEAM initiatives into the after-school program.
- Coordinate efforts with Girls For A Change team members on daily operations and staffing needs to assure a safe and respectful environment for participants.
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills both orally and written. Provides clear direction and checks for comprehension.
- Prepare written reports, schedule of activities and program descriptions.
- Provide information as requested and in a timely manner for program reports, community inquiries, and information for grant proposals.
- Meet regularly to strategize upcoming events, maintain schedules, and discuss participant behaviors and accomplishments.
- Attend and participate in Girls For A Change staff meetings and events.
- Attend required meetings and trainings
- Attend invited and required partners meetings.
- Follow Girls For A Change protocol for scheduling events, making room reservations, and creating flyers/marketing materials for program events.
- Communicate effectively utilizing all of Girls For A Change tools, values and protocols with parents and/ or guardians.
- Assist in daily site maintenance to assure a clean and well-organized environment in which to work, play, and learn.
- Ensure that accurate up-to-date program demographics, attendance, and program outcome information is entered into the database.
- Ensure the safety of all participants by being present during activities. Have a presence during activities to help direct traffic, control issues such as wandering and conflicts, and maintain a positive flow for participants every day.
- Participate in all Girls For A Change and State licensing mandated staff training and follow-ups.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned to enhance programs and opportunities for our participants.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, social work, or nursing
- 3+ years of experience with children or administrative work in a daycare setting (including one year in a staff supervisory capacity)
- Ability to maintain workflow efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Programs
- Compassionate and understanding nature
(or the ability to obtain within 120 days of employment)
- CPR First-Aid Training
- MAT (Medication Administration Training)
- DHO (Daily Health Observation)
Salary and Benefits
- Salary position based on experience $40,000- $46,500
- Health Benefits
- Retirement investing (after 1 year of employment)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities related to your job may change at any time with or without notice.